Gray Moore, President and Founder of Dog Tired Pet Services and also one of the first Certified Professional Animal Care Managers (CPACM) in the WORLD, has lived locally in the Charleston, SC, area for over 14 years. She graduated from Park University, in Parkville, MO, with a BA in Biology in 2002. Her entire life has revolved around animals and she has an extensive list of volunteer positions in the animal world, including President of the 4-H Club, volunteer work at the River Banks Zoo with Seals & Sea Lions and Carolina Wildlife Care (caring for orphaned and injured wildlife), training thoroughbred horses, breeding and showing Jack Russell Terriers, and volunteering for animal shelters. She currently has a cattle dog mix, Tilly Munster, a snowshoe Siamese cat, Folly, and a fish tank full of angel fish.
In June of 2017, Gray and Pet Sitting Manager Kate Thomas became two of the very first Certified Professional Animal Care Mangers in the WORLD! The Professional Animal Care Certification Council (PACCC) conducted an independent certification exam for pet care providers. Gray & Kate had to have a minimum of two years or 4,000 hours of experience in a management level position, and provide letters of reference from veterinarians and other pet care industry professionals. The in-depth 125-question examination covered animal care topics including health, nutrition, dog fight and bite protocol, on-leash and off-leash interaction, sanitation, dog behavior and temperament, dog body language, dog training, animal and handler safety, vaccination protocol, workflow management, pathogen control, emergency and quarantine protocols, air quality standards, staff management expectations, and much more. They are proud to be able to demonstrate their dedication to pet safety for their clients and their community through PACCC’s independent certification exam. Pets are family members and their ‘parents’ should feel confident they are receiving the highest level of care.
Dog Daycare and Boarding Conferences & Education
- National Association Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS) – Orlando, FL – 2010
- Red Cross Emergency Care Certification For Dogs & Cats
- Pet Boarding and Daycare Expo – Hershey, PA – 2012 & 2014
- Certified in Knowing Dogs 101 and 102, through The Dog Gurus – 2011
- Group Play Assessment Training through the Dog Gurus – 2011
- Zoetis Lecture on Kennel Cough and Dog Flu -Charleston, SC – 2015
- Successful Completion of Basic Dog Obedience by CPDT Trainer – 2015
- ODD Ball (Owners of Doggy Daycares) – Orlando, FL – 2016
- Wag It Games Class (Tunnels, jumps, ladders) – ZE Canine Manners – 2017
- Professional Animal Care Certification Council (PACCC) – Certified June 2017
- International Boarding & Pet Services (IBPSA) – Amelia Island, FL – 2017
- Infectious Disease Seminar – Amelia Island, FL – 2017
- Charter Member Of The Dog Gurus since 2011 – Present
- IBPSA (International Boarding & Pet Services) since 2016 – Present
- PACCC 2017 – Present
- Johns Island Chamber of Commerce 2016 – Present
- Charleston Chamber of Commerce 2017 – Present
Every year Dog Tired hosts donation and fundraising events for Pet Helpers, Charleston Animal Society, and other local animal rescues. We care about the pets in our community and are very involved with educating our community in the importance of adopting and fostering pets.